Get A Canadian Work Permit In 2020. Yukon Community Pilot Program
Now our Job Search Team covered the Top 20 In-demand (NOC) Jobs in Canada for 2020 as well as How to Get a Job Offer in Canada but what about your work permit?
If you’re keen to work & settle in Canada then you’ve followed our guide and landed in Canada with your dream Canadian job offer, you’ll be required to apply for your work permit soon in order to be able to live and work in Canada.
The Yukon Community Pilot (YCP) is a new stream of the Yukon Nominee Program. The YCP launched in 2020 and will run for 3 years.
If you have a valid nomination for permanent residence from Yukon, you may be eligible for a 2-year location-restricted open work permit under the YCP.
About the work permit
This work permit:
- lets you work for up to 3 different employers in 1 of the participating Yukon communities
- is valid for 2 years
- doesn’t need a Labour Market Impact Assessment
The participating communities are:
- Watson Lake
- Dawson City
- Haines Junction
Work permit eligibility
To qualify for the work permit, you must:
- have 2 or 3 eligible job offers
- have a signed letter of support from the Government of Yukon
- meet the general requirements for a work permit
Job Offer Requirements
The jobs you’re offered must meet all these requirements:
- They must all be in the same participating Yukon community
- They must add up to at least 30 hours of work a week (equal to a full-time job)
- They must be non-seasonal
- In general, this means you have consistent and regularly scheduled paid employment throughout the year
- The wage must meet or exceed the minimum wage
- Your experience must show that you can perform the duties of the jobs offered
Documents you need before you apply
Before you apply for a work permit, you need these documents to include in your application:
- a copy of the nomination letter from the Government of Yukon confirming that you’ve been nominated for permanent residence
- a signed letter of support from the Government of Yukon stating:
- that the employers who are offering you the jobs need you to work in the community as soon as possible
- that the job offers are genuine
- the details of the job offers, including:
- names of the employers
- number of hours
- job locations
How to apply for the work permit
You must apply online for the work permit. You can’t apply on paper.
The application forms and process you need to follow depend on where you’re applying from.
If you want to migrate Canada using a Yukon Community Pilot Program, you have come to the right place! Sign up and complete Swainz online evaluation today to discover if you are eligible. Swainz team of immigration experts are ready to petition for your application’s success. What are you waiting for?