Quebec Government Expands List Of Occupations For LMIA Process
The government of Quebec published this year’s list of occupations for the simplified processing of Labour Market Impact Assessment LMIA applications.
Last year, Quebec had introduced regional lists of professions eligible for simplified processing. This year, the government has reverted to a provincial list that takes into account labour needs in all regions of Quebec. Some of the newly added occupations include human resources and investment managers, architects, dentists and bakers, among others.
The latest update to the list of facilitated occupations was made public on February 24, 2020, and the new list came into effect immediately. A transitional period of 30 days is granted to the employer, or their representative, to allow for the examination of an application submitted according to the previous year’s list.
The following are no longer on the list of occupations for the facilitated LMIA process in Quebec:
- 0513 Recreation, sports and fitness program and service directors
- 1242 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- 1254 Statistical officers and related research support occupations
- 3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c.
- 3236 Massage therapists
- 7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
- 7232 Tool and die makers
- 9211 Supervisors, mineral and metal processing
- 9224 Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing
For more updates on the recent occupations list, talk to our experts.