South Africa Critical Skill Visa
In South Africa, it is very difficult for a foreigner to get a job offer if they are not a citizen, permanent resident, or does not hold a valid work permit in South Africa. However, if you are a qualified and experienced to fill particular roles/professions, occupations or specializations in the labour market you can apply for a South Africa Critical Skills Visa.
This visa allows you to enter and stay in South Africa for 12 months while you look for a job. Once you find a job within those 12 months, you can apply to extend your Critical Skills Visa for up to 5 years. Because of the existence of this visa, some employers are willing to give you a job offer if you qualify for a critical skill. Therefore, you can also apply for a Critical Skills Visa with a job offer and receive a visa which is valid for up to 5 years.
Visa Validity: Initially 12 months (It can be extendable to 5 yrs once you gain a Job offer)
Processing time: 4 to 6 months
- Applicant Qualification must be listed as per the critical skill list and it needs to be assessed by SAQA.
- Applicant Work experience occupation should be listed in the critical skill occupation list.
- Applicant needs to maintain Min R3000 as proof of funds to survive for initial stay.
- Applicant should submit proof of Accommodation.
- Applicant should have travel and Medical Insurance
- Applicant can submit a contract of employment letter if available (Optional).
Stage 1: Qualification Assessment:
If your qualification degree is from outside of South Africa then your degree should be evaluated by SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority). (It takes 30-45 days to get the report)
R1010 + subsequent qualifications R555+ Courier charges R380
Stage 2: Document and application submission
Documents along with the application and its fee need to be submitted to the embassy. Either client can submit the documents or on behalf of applicant anyone can submit in VFS office.
Visa Fee – 7892 INR and VFS service fee – Approx 2500 INR
Note: Biometrics, PCC and Visa fee amount need to be paid to the embassy.
Stage 3: Visa Grant
You will get an update within 3-4 months weather the visa got approved or rejected. If the visa is granted applicant can move to South Africa after the stamping formalities are done.
- Complete immigration Documentation & Application Processing
- Document checklist
- Guidance for Professional Registration Application
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Guidance on acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate
- Assistance with Medicals Clearance Certificate
- Updates & Follow up with the Government Gazette of South Africa
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required
- Pre-Post Land Services*
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation* (Guidance)
- Job Search Assistance*
How to Start
Immigration rules may change any point of time based on the country requirement towards Skilled Manpower so never take the rules for granted. Apply now when you are eligible! You may not be eligible; a few months from now depend on the skillset.
If you are interested to filling your South Africa Critical Skill Visa then do the detailed review of your profile with your education, your Work Experience and personal details to determine if you are eligible to apply for South Africa Immigration.
Get in touch with us for Free eligibility check.