Ontario Invited 703 Express Entry Candidates To Apply For PR
The latest OINP Tech Draw had the lowest CRS requirement since the first draw was held in July 2019, and dropped by 46 CRS points since last Tech Draw.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program OINP issued invitations to candidates who had work experience in one of the following six tech sector occupations:
- Computer and information systems managers NOC 0213
- Computer engineers NOC 2147
- Database analysts and data administrators NOC 2172
- Software engineers and designers NOC 2173
- Computer programmer and interactive media developers NOC 2174
- Web designers and developers NOC 2175
The invited Express Entry candidates had CRS scores between 421 and 451. This CRS requirement is the lowest in the program’s history, from its first draw held in July 2019.
OINP Tech Draws are conducted through the Human Capital Priorities stream, which allows the OINP to search the federal Express Entry pool for candidates who meet the stream’s eligibility requirements.
In conjunction with recent PNP-specific Express Entry draws, this draw has resulted in even more tech workers being selected under the PNP. Despite the coronavirus pandemic, some Canadian tech companies are currently hiring, and are poised to help lead economic recovery in Canada.